Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Can One Single Politician Live on the Minimum Wage For a Month?

I love the idea of the Union rep in the second of these videos.
I'd love to see how much the heating bill is for the White House for one day. Let's see if the President could get by for one week on $5.15 an hour.

That's a brilliant idea. I am upping the ante and throwing down the gauntlet. If one single Dem or Republican candidate for any office can live for one month strictly on the minimum wage, I will donate a zillion dollars to their campaign.

John Edwards, I'm looking at you.

UPDATE
Based on offensive drivel like this and this, I also encourage every staff member at the New York Times and New York Magazine to live on minimum wage for a month. Even a week. Including income-appropriate housing and services. However, I won't make the same pledge, since my antipathy for them trumps my commitment to the greater good.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    There was one Democrat running for Congress who tried living on the streets for 100 hours. I think he ended up having to go to the emergency room. Some of the story here, here, here, and here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com