Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Late Pass

Apparently this was a huge phenomenon a few months ago, but for whatever reason I'm only now discovering Text Message Breakup and Shoes.



I especially like Margaret Cho's bits in Text Message Breakup ("I'm gonna send that guy a douchebag in the mail!").

It's in the grand tradition of Divine, Sophia Lamar and other trannies whose biting critiques of contemporary -- er, what am I talking about? Either you'll giggle or you won't.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jon Z said…

    I will hereby own up to being the only person I know to not find these funny.

    Maybe there's some sort of self-help program for me.

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Yeah, my friends don't really find it funny, either.

    I'm kind of embarrassed that I do. Maybe it's generational? Except that I am probably (physically if not emotionally) older than you...

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    I don't think you are older than coco.

    I love Shoes.

    ...wait...

    Ya, TMB is cool too. I like that the douchebag line goes to the Stormtroopers.

    Does anyone else use Camino? I can't get embedded youtube stuff in it.

    Just for the record, SG, Coco is the only friend I have who doesn't find it funny. You need new friends! (When it's just one, you can treat it as an adorable quirk.)

    Also, I think Kelly (who plays monthly at a club up the street from me) is a great example of the City Girl Squawk Affect.

    Deck.

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Ha! I am halfway through this article and saaaaah laahvin i'.

    I sometimes talk that way when I've been drinking.

    To be totally honest, immediately after watching Kelly's vids I found myself becoming Kelly. I had a minor confrontation with my roommate about the dishes and found myself whispering "deck." Not kidding. These videos are dangerous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com