Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Know Thy Opponent, NY 19

John Hall, who's running for Congress in Westchester, NY's 19th district, will be on the Colbert Report tonight.

When: TONIGHT, OCTOBER 19 at 11:30 p.m. EST.

Where: The Comedy Central TV channel. (Channel 50 on Cablevision. Check your local listings.)

Three weeks ago Hall taped a “Know Thy Opponent” segment for “The Colbert Report,” a popular late-night TV show hosted by Stephen Colbert which mixes politics, current events and humor.


Hall is a session musician and former member of the band Orleans, who supposedly have two rock classics, "'Still The One' and 'Dance With Me,' which have been certified for over four million airplays each in the U.S. alone." (though I've never heard them)

I'm expecting lots of jokes about aging hippies and soft rock. Could be funny. Oh, yeah, plus Hall's opponent is a right wing fundamentalist incumbent who really needs to be defeated.


John Hall in the 70s

7 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    Dude! You know "Dance With Me". Dance with me ... I want to be your partner, can't you see. I wish I could find an online version of the song I recorded ("Anna Lee") where I hijacked the melody for an opening instrumental. AO may remember it, I think he was there when we recorded it at Coco's apartment in the summer of '96. Not to be confused with the summer of '69, when me and Bryan Adams invented both rock music and reciprocal oral sex in just one pitcher of sangria from Viva's.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    You also know "Still the One." It's been used in like 8 million cheesy ads. Here it is in a lame JAG montage video.

    And here's Dance with Me set to Final Fantasy.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    I vaguely remember the Anna Lee recording session, though I remember the woman you were trying to hit on with it not at all.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    "Anna Lee" was a rough take on "Emily", and I'll say no more about that.

    Also, later that same summer, I found myself in Union Summer in Chicago ... with one of Hall's primary opponents! Busy summer.

    Anna Lee
    you're movin' to Costa Rica
    Only you could make me
    go down south
    Anna Lee
    I would work to feed ya
    just to put somethin'
    in your mouth

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Dirty.


    Was this the summer we lived together or the summer I moved in with Jamie's cat?

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Haha her trot-waddle from the reporter was truly hilarious.

    And yeah, I do recognize "Dance With Me" now that I hear it again, thanks. It seems like it was maybe the soundtrack to a Ben Stiller love scene in some movie? Or might as well have been?

    I also suddenly viscerally understand why punk rock was invented.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    Summer we lived together. With my sister, Rainbow Evergreen. Stolen tiramisu in the fridge, Sweet Sweetback's BadAssssss Song on the tube. I've met three other people who lived in that same apartment, including our favorite Professor P.

    All the pretty love songs in the world
    won't mean a thing
    If you got to sing 'em to your self
    All the Wisk in the bottle won't take off that ring
    so I won't sit here waitin'
    to master your debatin' (master)
    there's a train I'm takin' through a tunnel or two
    you shoulda been my desire
    but you're a stinky liar
    your panties are on fire but they're not burnin' you
    oh ... Anna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com