Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Today in Left Behinds News


I only taught college classes for a total of about two years, but my experience was almost exactly like this. Via Pharyngula.

Also, Solomon and I are called "butt boys," and Solomon is further called "Mary" after he successfully induces a homosexual panic. Emma B. thinks "butt boys" should be the inspiration for the next generation of Left Behinds t-shirts, which leads me to wonder: did we ever make the first generation available? Couldn't we do it on CafePress for free? Wouldn't our reading public love a bright pink t-shirt with the LB/double-peacock logo?

UPDATE:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a design, courtesy of Emma B.



One question for the readers: do you think it would be better singular, that is, identifying the wearer as a "Left Behinds Butt Boy"? Or leave it like it is, so it's kind of a team jersey?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Check out the anti-girl, anti-gay response to our good-humored response to that dipshit's homophobia:

    Gays Rule?
    Submitted by Mary (not verified) on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 6:52am.
    What we have here on Room 8 at this defining moment seems to be a gaggle of giggling, gossiping gays. Today even Rock Hackshaw, a heretofore unabashed macho heterosexual seeks admission by bashing Andrew Cuomo. And who gets outed next? The big boy? Gosh!! Enough already, girls. Stop it!! Quit the name-dropping, face-scratching, and outing. I know your having fun. Butt this is not our thing. We're rooning our reputation and Room 8.


    to which I responded

    Honestly,
    Submitted by SolomonGrundy (not verified) on Tue, 09/19/2006 - 2:24pm.
    I thought it was sort of funny being called someone's buttboy (an absurdist, homophobia-laden first for me). I wanted to respond in kind.

    But yeah, let's direct our bitchiness I mean Wildean wit at elected officials, not fellow bloggers.

    Of course, I would take the high road, since I'm a top. Brooklyn Fats' top, specifically.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Eustacia Vye said…

    I would like a T-shirt, please, and would prefer the plural, for the team-jersey effect. Are the asterisks placeholders for the peacocks?

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    My understanding was that the asterisks were buttholes. Emma?

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    Can we actually get team jerseys? Or at least 3/4 sleeves, whatever those t-shirts are called. Of course, then you'd have to do a more Bad News Bears script...Anyway, I'll start coming to practice when we get our uniforms.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com