Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Primary Endorsements That Are Even Funnier Than Ours (But Only Because They're So Much Longer)

I have only just read Gatemouth's endorsements, which are actually more like a series of very smart, funny essays on the various campaigns. I highly recommend reading them all in full.

The AG's Race: Part One (Kidney Punch), Part Two (The Homophobe v. The Racist), and Part Three (The Consolation Prize).

Gatemouth's Voter's Guide: Part One (Intro; Statewide and Congressional Races; Notes), Part Two (Judicial Races), Part Three (The State Senate), and Part Four (The State Assembly).

You might find it hard to believe that reading about the State Assembly could make you guffaw, giggle, and galumph, but you'd be wrong.

A+, Gatemouth, A+.

Also, is it possible that Gatemouth is in fact Matt Taibbi? That would for me be a handy consolidation of my platonic writerly crushes. Well, in Matt Taibbi's case, not so platonic, after I met him.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Since the endorsements you posted agree with mine almost not at all, I take this as the supreme compliment.

    As to Taibi, sorry to disappoint; I'm a Clinton Democratic; he is decidedly not.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    I think I said before about your writings that I am drawn to wit and insight, not doctrinal purity. That you could wring a couple laughs from the state assembly races is enough to keep me reading (even if your conclusions are dead wrong heh).

    But a Clinton Dem? What was your favorite of his accomplishments? NAFTA? Putting his signature on Newt Gingrich's welfare reform, coincidentally only a few months before his second election? Or his courageous Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy? I agree with the cliche that BC was a brilliant campaigner and a thoroughly mediocre statesman.

    Or perhaps you mean you're a Chelsea Clinton Democrat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com