Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

MP3 Blog Roundup

This is a pretty useful roundup of the big MP3 blogs (very indie heavy, but so is the MP3 blog scene).

The most glaring omission for me, though, was Moistworks, which is written by professional music geeks for aspiring music geeks. It's eclectic, funny, and well written (by good music journalists, with regular guest-blogging from young novelists). It's where I get a lot of the weird old tracks I listen to all the time.

And at the moment they've got posts about The Coup and an all-woman rap crew from Dakar, so Antid Oto should be feeling it.

UPDATE:

Listened to the Dakar rappers, Alif. Very good stuff. Wolof is a perfect language for rap, way better than French or Spanish (they're too liquid) and to my ear better than English. As Megan at Moistworks wrote,
I've never wished so hard I could speak Wolof. "Addu Kalpin" is apparently about a gang of thugs robbing minibus passengers. The sisters do sound a little squawky and disapproving on this track, don't they? Wolof-speakers, liner-notes-havers, I welcome your insights. Also, Alif? It stands for the Women's Infantry Liberation Army. (Dude, you had me at hello.)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Where's my love? I told you about Alif back in January.

    It's just like when you only listened to me about Veronica Mars after someone else made you watch it.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    And I would translate the name as Attack of the Feminist Liberation Army (Attaque Liberatoire de l'Infanteries Feministe).

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Oops. Er, but you didn't link to an MP3...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com