Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

More Evidence That I am the Shallowest Blogger on the Left

I'm watching a CSPAN discussion about the Afghan insurgency, and one of the better talking heads is this guy Amin Tarzi from Radio Free Europe. He's articulate and friendly, seems to have a lot of expertise, and generally makes really good points.

However, he looks exactly like my most recent roommate, and as a result I find myself irrationally loathing him.



To compound the shallowness, the reason he looks like my last roommate is that both of them have reconstructed cleft palates. So basically I am indulging in bigotry. Yes, people with reconstructed cleft palates have very distinct noses and lips, so they really do resemble each other, but I don't know if that makes it more or less despicable that I hate this man because all I see is my douchebag ex-roommate's face on CSPAN.

He's discussing the intricacies of Pashmin squabbles, and all I can think is "how fucking dare you throw 4 am drug parties without asking me, and do you really think I want to dispose of the bloodied tissues you leave around the living room after your pathetic coke binges? And would it kill you to do the dishes?"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com