Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chris Owens, pop star.


Bouldin asks what we think of this new Chris Owens peace song. So here's what I think: I like Chris Owens. I love the spirit. I love the fact that he's not afraid to look dumb. But he shouldn't quit his day job. (Wait, I think he already quit his day job.) Rated on a handicapped scale for campaign music it's great; on a basic pop scale, though, it's subpar.

Judge for yourself. (MP3 link)

On the other hand, it's miiiiiiiiles better than his dad's "rap poetry".

EMINENT DOMAIN PAIN

Fight the pain
Defeat the strain
Rally all together
Destroy eminent domain.
Monster on the street
Grabs any home to eat,
Greedy rape the snakes repeat;
Meet them in the courts
Families matter more than sports;
Meet them with our maps
Expose their power traps.
Brave neighbors to the front,
Block the vicious Ratner stunt,
Clean air he robs
For invisible jobs;
Yield not to dirty dollar temptation,
Stand strong as a great generation,
Be priceless diamonds for our nation.
Fight eminent domain
Unjust strain
A civic stain
Eminent domain is
Democracy slain!


Yikes. I used to teach poetry writing and I never got doggerel that crappy from my jockiest freshmen.

Okay, maybe the lacrosse players.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Wow. It reminds me of those Mr. T raps from the 80s, about staying in school and stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com