Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Vegetarian-Bashers to the Left of Me, Vegetarian-Bashers to the Right of Me

I was pretty into this article about why conservatives can't govern, until I got to the following throwaway line:

Bad government--indeed, bloated, inefficient, corrupt, and unfair government--is the only kind of conservative government there is. Conservatives cannot govern well for the same reason that vegetarians cannot prepare a world-class boeuf bourguignon: If you believe that what you are called upon to do is wrong, you are not likely to do it very well.


Um, excuse me, but why the gratuitous vegetarian-bashing?

One of the finest cooks I am personally acquainted with, Anon Y. Mouse, is a vegetarian (or was until very recently, when she had to relapse for health reasons), and I double dare this Alan Wolfe person to criticize her boeuf bourguignon to her face.

Antid Oto, I don't think we should stand for this anti-vegetarian bigotry.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    My vegetarian sister-in-law used to be a caterer. She cooked a lot of meat.

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Yeah, I think that's a pretty common combination. This writer is clearly suffering from Mad Cow Disease.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com