Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Right Rides and Holla Back

There's a benefit tonight in Williamsburg for Right Rides and Holla Back NYC.


Holla Back NYC is great. It's a simple, brilliant idea: when women get harrassed in the street, they snap pics of the harrassers with their camera phones and send the photos and stories to the site, where the sleazebags are full-frontal outed. Some of the anecdotes are plain creepy, but some are girlpowerlarious:

Walking down 8th avenue in Park Slope I hear him mutter, "Nice, very nice. Sexy lady" as he stares me up and down. I whipped around and holla'ed "What did you say?" He took a pregnant pause, "You're a good girl. A good girl."Then, I shit you not, he pulls this out of his pocket and hands it to me:



The candy was sugar-free.

- Emily


I also like this one because it's so London:

So I’m in London on business with some other girls from the office and I think it would be fun to dress up and go to a real pub and maybe meet a real Hugh Grant type (I know, not likely!).

On the way we pass these guys drinking in their front garden (which is full of flags for the soccer match) and they are giggling, belching and farting (yuck!!) cause they think that’s funny. One of them makes a noise like ‘Ooooo! Ooooo!’ as we go past but I rise above it.

After we have a few Breezers outside (and no Hugh Grants were in there!) and watch the silly soccer its time to go back to the hotel but I see this lanky guy in shades who was part of that group looking at us and making humping noises. Then I see he is actually grabbing his crotch quite violently and jumping up and down! He’s pretty drunk but I can just hear him shout stuff like ‘play with me mansack!’ and ‘Eat it!’.

That was it – time to Hollaback at this jerk!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com