Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Guilt-free AC

I use a fair amount of electricity. You think all this Web-surfing to find YouTube videos is easy? Non-non-non. So a couple of days ago I switched my electricity provider to 100% wind power; now I can run my AC nonstop and not feel guilty about global warming.

I wouldn't mention it except that the whole reason I thought to do it was someone at a party said they'd switched. I figure if I remind you all that it's possible, maybe a couple of you will do it too.

As a bonus, enjoy more fun from the Japanese!



Horrifying.


UPDATE: More wind-powered crazy shit below.



Germany is insane.



Um. Yum!



The man who takes his clothes off within ten seconds.



Carl Lewis



And the first appearance of the Great Cornholio.



10 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Coco Seven Mile said…

    So how could I do this? I assumed that my electricity provider, like my cable provider, was chosen for me, monopolistically. Not so?

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    I don't know how it works in CA, but here in New York you can go on your monopoly electricity delivery company's website (ConEd, in my case) and pick a provider. I'd be surprised if you can't do the same out there.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Try this.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Do air conditioners still spit out chlorofluorocarbons? I'm not asking that facetiously, I'm genuinely wondering if they've improved the technology since the last time I paid any attention (somewhere around 1991).

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Man, don't harsh my cool.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    According to Wikipedia, most home air conditioners use HCFCs today, and

    Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) is one of a class of haloalkanes where not all hydrogen has been replaced by chlorine or fluorine. They are used primarily as chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) substitutes, as the environmental effects are only about 10% of the CFCs. When the chlorine is reduced to zero, these compounds are known as hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), with even less environmental effects.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Emma B said…

    AC aside, I wish I could get THAT stoked about taking a shit. Ahhh the simples pleasures...

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Heh, indeed, Emma, I haven't witnessed that much scatalogical glee since Emerson declared "I made!"

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Coco Seven Mile said…

    Thanks A.O.! I am now a participant in the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power's Green Energy Program.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Hooray for deregulation!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com