Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Speaking of Prada Castoffs

I'm going to see The Devil Wears Prada tonight. I saw a disappointing French art movie on Sunday (Garcon Stupide, which was very overpraised, humorless, and aptly titled), so I deserve a bit of fluff.


In an interview in the December V Magazine, Anne Hathaway had the following exchange with the (brilliant, handsome) V scribe:

Q: Are you worried you’ll never be in Vogue?

AH: I think people are sensationalizing the Vogue aspect of the story. I don’t know if it was actually based on Anna Wintour, and in a way I don’t want to know. But c’mon, this is Meryl Streep. She is creating a character from scratch. For me, this movie is about the meeting of two schools of feminism. My character rests on the shoulders of the work Meryl’s character has done. Her generation was blazing pathways, whereas for my generation, men are not as threatened by powerful women.


Hm. For me, this movie is about Patricia Field's costume design.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Heh, first off, I love that you spelled intellectual "inteiiectual."

    Second, is it threatening your anonymity to note that you yourself have had some personal encounters with Santa Anna? Readers should note that when it comes to AW's shrillness, surgery, and inarticulateness, Anon Y. Mouse knows whereof she speaks.

    Third, I didn't want to say it publicly, but I am in fact donwloading the movie, not going to the theater.

    And finally, I hope no one from that Kos benefit is reading this, because after meeting us in person they must already think we're Ab Fab rejects.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Oh, and who was it who was telling me this weekend that Anne Hathaway's father is some famous intellectual or something?

    Having said that, naming your daughter Anne Hathaway without even modifying the historical allusion is a bit like naming a son Solomon Grundy.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Sorry, I meant her father was a "famous inteiiectual." My bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com