Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Favorite Political Theory Site

OK, I've been holding back since the inception of Left Behinds, but I think it's finally time to reveal my secret weapon. It's the source of most of my seemingly obscure and occasionally highbrow political links. Many months ago a friend of mine recommended it, and since then it has been on my daily bookmarks. But never revealed, because, like a teenager with a punk band he's just discovered, I wanted some time alone with the site, to feel like I was part of the secret community of cognoscenti.

But it's time. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

Political Theory Daily Review

My favorite aspect of it is the way it separates the links into lowbrow, middlebrow, and highbrow (or, in its classification system, news room, town square, and ivory tower). It is great for those of us who are too lazy to regularly read academic journals but who fancy ourselves potentially interested in that sort of thing when, you know, it's good.

My main criticism is that the guy behind it is very interested in continental political philosophy (Habermas, etc.), so there are more links to those academic articles and book reviews than I'd prefer. But overall, it receives Solomon Grundy's Medal of Distinction in Recognition of Service to Bloggers and Quasi-Intellectuals the World Over. Which, of course, is one of the blogosphere's highest honors.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    I haven't really looked over this site yet, but I had Seder at the house of one of the people involved. Bonus points if you can guess who.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG are William Galston and Stan Greenberg a couple!?

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Heh.

    Scanning through the summaries, none of those essays looks particularly inspirational. But maybe I'm just a cynic.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Josh K-sky said…

    I guess Borosage if its from the long list or Greenberg if you just meant one of the three.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com