Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Someone read my mind

Some of you may know I am endlessly fascinated with the phenomenon of hot women with unattractive men. It's incredibly common here in New York. There are a number of possible reasons:

1. Excess of women in the New York dating pool
2. Men generally less attractive than women
3. Rich men

Whatever the reason, I can easily spend half an hour at a time ignoring my friends in a bar just to watch some total dweebus macking on a hottie. I thought I was alone. But this guy gets it.

Tags: culture

2 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Uh, except that all those women are skanky ugs (only one of them is an attractive skank, and the guy she was with was cuter than she was).

    I think the issue is that sexual attraction lowers the bar for what's considered visually appealing. If a girl's got boobs in a tight t-shirt, many straight guys don't even notice her face. And likewise for guys as judged by people attracted to guys.

    So you're seeing douchebag guy after douchebag guy, and I'm seeing guys I'd hit if I had a beer or two.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Okay, that guy's pictures are bad examples. But the phenomenon is real, at least in New York. I was at an annoying bar in Williamsburg last night with five straight women, and they agreed with my appraisal of one such couple after another.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com