Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Anatomy of a Hasidic Circle Jerk

Over at Politicker, there's been some analysis of a key pic from the riot in Boro Park. In case you hadn't heard, the riot (torched cop cars and all) was spurred by an elderly Hasidic man who claims he was manhandled by the NYPD. This photo is from the protests that night, and one commenter sums it up: "they're using a shobbos goy to light the fire" [i.e., they're setting a garbage can on fire but can't use a lighter themselves because of religious restrictions]

I think it's a little more complicated.

Not to get all Antonioni, but let's take a closer look.

I think we all know what he's really holding in his hand:



A symphony of caresses:



Three faces of ecstacy:

"Hey guys, that looks like a hot 'scene.' Can I squeeze in?":


Yes, I think Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick would concur: everything about this image screams sex.

Mansex.



Tags: culture, new york, hasid, riot, boro park, hasidic, gay

1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    LOL I kind of did this one with your sense of humor in mind. ;)

    Yeah, I think you can see our Fat Cock friend in the background of this photo. Damn, I knew I should have done one more closeup.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com