Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Dirty South is Crap

I'm sick today, so I decided to a watch a movie that wouldn't tax me too much. I settled on Hustle & Flow, mainly because I happened to have it. It's basically a retread of every music success-story movie you ever saw, from The Commitments to 8 Mile. Which is fine. The only problem is, the climax of all such movies is when the group gets together in the studio and lays down its first great track, where everything comes together to make music history. In Hustle & Flow, the result is "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp," and I'm sorry, that song sucks. The whole Dirty South thing sucks, actually, and I'm tired of it. Boring, stupid lyrics, lame beats, and an unappetizing celebration of fat. I'm against it.

Tags:culture, hustle and flow, rap, dirty south

6 Comments:

  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Yeah, I was tired of it the moment it started. The dominance of the dirty south is the reason I haven't listened to hiphop radio the past two or three years. And I used to constantly listen to hiphop radio.

    And "It's Hard" is maybe one of the worst songs from a crap genre.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Although, what do you mean, "unappetizing celebration of fat"? Their lust for big women is maybe one of their only redeeming qualities for me.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    You would think so.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Do my hips look big in these genes?

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    I'm not saying you're fat, for god's sake. I'm just saying I totally expected you to indulge the fat preferences of others, while I'm just tired of it.

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Lol I was kidding. Actually, I was vaguely trying to implicate you in the anorexia epidemic, but in a very half-assed way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com