Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Question for Tech-Savvy Readers

OK, you don't even have to be especially tech-savvy, you just have to be better than us Luddites.

I tried to get "fancy" by adding the lovely peacock logo that Emma B designed, but apparently it has fucked up our RSS feed. This is probably because I added it to the section called 'title' or 'header' or something. There's now also a bit of gibberish code at the top of the screen, indicating a problem.

I tried to go back into Blogger to get rid of the logo, but it's no longer in the code. Blogger somehow incorporated it into the basic code of the site. Even when I changed to a different default template, the logo (and RSS problem) persisted.

Anybody have any tips about how to get further into the code?

Also, if anybody has a good template or site with templates that they can suggest, we're looking to move beyond the Blogger preset template. We like the pink, but it's sort of a newbie faux pas to use a Blogger preset.

Thanks in advance...

11 Comments:

  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Shit. Well, I got rid of the peacock. But now we're back to the weird-ass template.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Oh and dude, seriously, "don't be such a fruit?" We're all about being such a fruit. I'm a banana.

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Moby Dick said…

    Get over the Blogger pre-sets and don't be such a fruit. The only thing I do when I see a blog with a fancy pretentious template is to skip it.

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Wait, you got rid of the peacock? It's still there for me, and I just refreshed it. I MAY have overridden your changes, if so sorry, and I won't do it again, didn't realize you were changing the template.

    Oh and I agree about fancy templates being silly. I was actually just looking for something simple, but with categories.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Ah yes, so you did get rid of the peacock. How? It would be good for me to know, for the next time I fiddle with the format. I'd like to incorporate it elsehwere into the design...

    Also, is it possible to have a design fruitier than the one we currently have?

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    OH and I just noticed that the individual pages have that HORRIBLE Barbie Dream House format, with my giant photo ogling each reader. How can we change that?

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Republish the entire blog, not just the index.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    You know, the peacocks are still here. They're just, weirdly, at the foot of the page now.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Yeah, I put those peacocks in the bottom of the page as well, in the footer.

    How did you get rid of it from the title? I don't want to make the same mistake again if I fuck with the formatting again.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    I deleted it from the title of the blog on the settings page. I didn't mess with the template at all.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Ah, cool.

    I still want to figure out a way to organize the blog into categories... I think it'd be easier to read.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com