Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

One Love


So while watching MTV2 over lunch, I was very surprised that one of their heavy rotation clips is King Without a Crown (view the video at that site). As Matisyahu says in his bio, he combines "the sounds of Bob Marley and Shlomo Carlebach." LOL. Somehow, though, Crown Heights hasidic reggae/hiphop actually works. Maybe it's the fact that early reggae borrowed so much from Jewish mysticism, but the talk about G-d doesn't rub the wrong way. And it doesn't sound like one of those awful crusty hippie reggae bands that used to play at Wetlands every Thursday night, either. I'm sure Rabbi Schneersohn is kvelling in his grave.


Tags:, ,,,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    I KNOW! I was very surprised, because I'm not even a huge reggae-head, but it's definitely better than, say, Sean Paul. I am feeling it...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com