Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

50 Book Challenge

So there's a 2006 50 Book Challenge going around, and I thought we could participate. Yes, it's almost Valentine's Day, but we're a group blog, and we're all readers, so I think we can catch up. Plus it could be a good way for some of our less active LB contributors to contribute (Emma B and Joancrawfordsface, don't be shy).

Mostly I think it'll add some good variation to the blog. No need to write full-length book reviews (unless you're so inclined), just a few thoughts about a book you've read recently.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Does this mean we each have to read 50 books? Or all together? Because I'm in the middle of a long one.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    I was thinking collectively.

    What long one? The Federalist Papers?

    This evening I've been reading the epic of Gilgamesh, prompted by an excellent Guardian review (by Ali Smith) of Edwin Corgan's play, The Play of Gilgamesh, which I was thinking of picking up tomorrow.

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Wow, we're doing an amazing job with this challenge. Heh.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    Am I supposed to have finished my book already? You just brought this up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com