Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Knock knock. Who's not there?


click on pic to see video clips

Everyone on my Christmas list is getting this. [click on pic to see video clips]

Even if, as the talking heads in this video claim, there were Christ myths that predated the purported historical life of Jesus, couldn't it be the case that early Christians attached old myths to a real, historical person? I don't quite see how ancient Christ myths prove that someone named Jesus didn't exist. Basically, I can't tell how wacky and marginal this guy (the playwrite of "Batboy: The Musical") is, or if this is a valid argument.

Either way, I love me a smug atheist making fun of Christianity. It's so amusingly childish.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Update: I researched this this afternoon, and there's a pretty hot "historicity of Jesus" debate. Deniers seem pretty marginal in academia, but their arguments are worth considering.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythological_school

    Their best argument as far as I can tell is that it's nearly impossible to say one way or the other whether there was a historical figure named Jesus, because later Christians so corrupted whatever documentation survived.

    I'm about to read Harold Bloom's Jesus book, which from the NYRB review sounds amazing, so more thoughts on this later...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com