Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fuckers

The M.T.A. also approved a $9.3 billion operating budget for 2006, over the objections of union leaders who had demanded that the vote be delayed until labor talks are completed.
...
The board agreed to divide $700 million - the portion of the surplus estimated to be nonrecurring - as follows: $450 million to reduce pension liabilities, $100 million for security projects, $50 million for service improvements and $100 million for holiday fare discounts this year and next. Link


At this point I have to assume the MTA is trying to force a strike so the union can be bankrupted and broken by fines. Why else would they poke a big fat stick in the union's eye on the eve of negotiations?

I hate them.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    I don't see your point.

    I mean, I certainly can't think of a better way to spend $100 million than on pointless giveaways to tourists who would be coming to New York anyhow, with no benefits to people who live in New York. Besides, if the numbers don't add up, they can always exorbitantly increase the fares again! I think I can speak for the entire city in saying that we're totally willing to make that sacrifice for such a worthwhile reason.

    I mean, they're the MTA. They've gotta have our best interests at heart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com