Left Behinds

The anti-andrewsullivan.com. Or, the Robin Hood (Maid Marian?) of bright pink Blogger blogs.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Amen

In the abscence of anything notable to say anything sensible about, I found this little prayer somewhat amusing.

The 23rd Qualm
(Supposedly written by a retired Methodist minister.)

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want.
He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.
He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.
He restoreth my fears.
He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's
sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war,
I will find no exit, for thou art in office.
Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.
Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion.
Thou anointest my head with foreign oil.
My health insurance runneth out.
Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days
of thy term, And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    I'm surprised you're not more incensed about ANWR pillaging as a solution to the gas price crisis.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Neda Cole said…

    I'm not sure I have any 'incensed' left - we might all be more shocked if Bush the comic book super-villain hell-bent on destroying the world in time for the end of the world didn't want to drill oil in a wildlife reserve..

    What's left? Blow up half the planet, kill all the funny people you don't like, make a ton of money exploiting everyone and everything you can get your hands on, destroy the plants, the animals.. shall we take bets on what's next?

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Antid Oto said…

    A first-strike nuclear attack?

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    AMERICA ... FUCK YEAH!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said…

    Oh, and btw, technically speaking, it should be "Bush is my bi shepherd."

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com